Sunday, June 14, 2009

Angelica's Introduction

I've been travelling my whole life. From a baby on the shores of lakes in New Hampshire to Alberta, to a teenager sailing and diving in the Caribbean, to Thailand, to Europe, and Central America. But all of those trips have been missing something. There were so many plans, having to accommodate everyone else, or having to follow a set schedule. The trips were always less than a month, and I've had to rely on other people for food, transport, ideas. I'm very grateful and consider myself very lucky, as these travels have had a huge part in shaping me. Now, I'm ready to see the world through my own eyes, not through the eyes of a guidebook or following the paths of millions of tourists.

I'm so lucky to have found someone with the same mindset. We're young, but we're ready to experience life and grow.

For more personal details: I'm 20 (21 on friday), have lived in New York all my life (half upstate and half in New York City), I have never been without pets until my mom moved to Canada 2 years ago, I love languages and linguistics and my major is French. I have one semester left in University, and I will graduate in December. If I ever settle down I want to open a dive shop somewhere warm and pretty.

Right now, I am not much into book learnin' and want to learn from living. Some of my goals for this trip and the near future are to go deeper within myself and bring out opinions and ideas for those existential talks. I want to learn an instrument, so I always have something to bring to a group. I want to listen and see how other people think. I want to hone my survival skills, take awesome photographs, and find beautiful, unspoiled people and places. Mostly I want to continue to be happy, which as far as I can tell is what life is all about.

3 comments:

  1. That is one of the most beautiful things I have ever read ... You are such a sweet, caring, beautiful, intelligent and talented young woman and I truly believe the world is yours for the taking! Continue to believe in your self and keep your eyes, your ears and your heart open because you never know which door God will open :~)I love you and am always here for you! Forever Your Aunt Debs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi sweet Angelica

    You are a truly truly beautiful person, and I am so honored to be your mom. Thank you for sharing these thoughts and for these tears of joy that I have in reading this, and that you bring to me always. I love your mind and your sweet and gentle heart and spirit, beyond words. I am with you always, in spirit, songs, thoughts and prayers! I love you. your M

    ReplyDelete