Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Discovering the Houston Zoo

It's been a while since I've posted, so here's a few photos I like from our trip to Houston Zoo.

After dealing with many a chilly day, we were treated to a nice mild sunny day. We decided to take advantage of it and go to the zoo.

This is a silly monkey but I forgot to take a look at the plaque. If anyone can identify him, I would appreciate it.

IMG_7921


A Pygmy Marmoset, ruminating over the big questions in life:

Pygmy Marmoset



These guys were just hanging around, so I decided to take a shot:

Bat


The proudest meerkat I could find:

Proud Meerkat

This giraffe has the right idea when it comes to nasal hygiene:

Giraffe


This cheetah had a powerful gaze:

Cheetah


A relaxing Anegada Island Iguana:

Anegada Island Iguana


The captivating Cocodrilo Cubano:

Cuban Crocodile


The deadly King Cobra. He probably just wants to be left alone:

King Cobra


Rhinoceros Iguana. I don't see the resemblance.

Rhinocerous Iguana


Two affectionate Asian Climbing Toads. How sweet:

Asian Climbing Toad

A tragic Mandrill contemplating his freedom:

Mandrill


An adorable orangutan. They can be so expressive:

Orangutan

Finally, a cute bunny rabbit. He actually snuck into the zoo.

Bunny Rabbit

I had a lot of fun taking these but I don't get the same amount of satisfaction as when I find an animal to photograph in the wild. It just seems too easy. Doesn't mean I'm gonna stop so stay tuned for more in the future!

3 comments:

  1. Hey guys!
    What incredible photos! I know what you mean about wildlife vs zoo photography feeling "easy" but there was NOTHING easy about the shots you took! They are far from your average zoo snapshots. You have an incredible eye and are taking your shots at very creative angles - good job! The cool thing about zoos is there are animals there that you're not going to find too easily in the wild unless you make a quick trip over to Africa ;~) Which I know I'd love to do one day ...
    Love to you both always ~
    Your Debs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have yall ever heard of couch "www.couchsurfing.com"? I think yall would benefit from the community, local advice and whatnot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jim and Angelica

    I can hardly believe my eyes sometimes as I pour through these photos and the stories that go with them. It is all so amazing!!! Such incredible moments in all of your very special journeys together. So happy to see these and to hear your tales! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete